We live in a world where people are encouraged to tear one another down. They're told that, in order to get ahead in life, they have to tread on other peoples dreams and berate one another. If it's not a dream they're taking apart, it's another person's body. Or their personality. Or their style of dress. We live in a world that is polluted by hostility to those around us. We're conditioned to be constantly on guard and to have an explanation for every second of our lives. We're watched and judged, not by the government, but by one another.
What if we could flip that around and, instead of beating each other up, we could empower one another? Wouldn't it be nice to live in a world where, instead of climbing over each other to reach the top, we could climb it hand in hand?
It's time to empower one another. It's time to take back control of ourselves and who we are, to live our lives in a beautiful and productive way. It's time for us to look at one another as friends rather than enemies. It's time for us to love ourselves and those around us.
We can make a difference in one anothers lives. We can choose to step away from the crowds and be different. We can choose to be loving and compassionate. We can help one another along this journey called life.
- Find something good to say about someone's work. They've probably had it picked apart by torn different people and your compliment could change how they feel about what they're doing. Encourage one another and lift people up. You could change a person's life.
- Climb the ladders together and love those who've supported you along the way. Say thank you and give out hugs. The way you treat a person is your trademark.
- Stay strong together. There's people out there whose life mission is to make everyone else feel bad. When they come along, rally together and encourage one another to keep going. The road may feel long but the people you're with can turn the journey in to a festival.
- Get excited about each other's lives. Does someone have a big project going? Is there a new band that needs a little love? Share them on social media and celebrate both the big, and small, achievements together.
- Make like-minded friends along the way. Your tribe always has room for one more. Welcome them with open arms.
Life is supposed to be fun and we're supposed to love one another. Make sure yours is a party that has an open invitation and is a party that none of you will ever forget.
Rae currently has four novels and several anthologies on the market. She also works with various organisations to help promote reading and creative writing. You can buy her books here.