Saturday 22 December 2012

Thank You!

I know the year isn't over yet, but I wanted to take the time to say thank you.

2012 has been a huge year for me. There's been the publications of my first two novels, along with all that entails. It's the first time I've stepped in to the Steampunk community and to say I was nervous was an understatement. Yet you welcomed me with open arms, relaxing my nerves, becoming my friends and teaching me a whole lot of new things along the way. I've had the utmost pleasure of meeting some of you this year, and I can't wait to get to know all of you. I truly hope that, in 2013, we'll have the time to sit down with a cup of tea and have a really great chat.

I'm also truly grateful to my friends, old and new, who've been there every step of the way, who've encouraged me and helped in every way you can. You're the family we choose for ourselves and I'm so thankful for each and every one of you. Some of you I've yet to meet but you've still taken a chance on me. You were brave enough to try a new author, and your words of love and encouragement mean a great deal to me. It's wonderful to know that there are still such beautiful people out there, and I look forward to the day I can thank you in person.

Facebook has been a huge one for me this year as well. Many thanks are extended to the wonderful people at The E-Reader House, The Independent Paperback Gift Shop, Destiny of Angels, The Adventures of Cecilia SparkBest Dad I Can BeThe Alterium, World of Steampunk, and the fantastic minds over at Creators of Glorious Steam. Without all of you, without your knowledge and all that you've given to this world, none of what I've achieved this year would have been possible. I'm so grateful to you all for extending the love and for giving me a chance.

The amazing people over at Torquere Press need a mention for all they've done this year. For helping ship books over and for explaining the intricacies of the US tax system. For just being there when a new author was a little confused over what to do next.

Finally, my family, who've walked this path with me for many years. I thank you for giving me the time and space I've needed this year, as well as supporting all the crazy endeavours which have gone with these books.

Thank you to all of you! Thank you for continuing to read this blog and for being there every step of the way. Know that all you do is very much appreciated. I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a fabulous New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you as well and hope you keep writing thru the year with many more books to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 2013 to you, too. I am so grateful for your friendship and hope we do get to meet one day. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete